Montgomery County Schools has implemented a voluntary “Test to Stay” program for students and staff that have been exposed to COVID-19 using Ethos Laboratories. The program allows unvaccinated students and staff exposed to a COVID-19 positive person in any setting, even non-school-related events, to continue in-person learning with repeated negative COVID-19 testing. Usually, those students and staff would be forced to quarantine for a set period of time. However, with “Test to Stay” they would be able to take daily, rapid tests the night before school and return to the classroom. It is important to note that this testing only permits a student to be at school for the academic part of the day and does not permit a contact to participate in sports or other extracurricular activities until the quarantine period has ended.
Students and staff participating in “Test to Stay” must test each evening of quarantine to return to school the following day.
To take advantage of this initiative:
- We request that staff members enroll themselves and parents/guardians enroll their children at http://ethosbacktoschool.com.
- A student or staff member must be identified as a school-related direct contact. This will not include family contacts, sports, or other extracurricular activities.
- Be entirely asymptomatic. (zero symptoms) • Quarantine when not at school.
- A parent/guardian will be responsible for bringing the student to the testing site and staying with the student until their test results are received.
- The testing site will be at the Clay Center from 3:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m., Sunday through Thursday with Ethos Labs.
This program is only available for district students and employees. There is no cost for the testing and must be done through Ethos Labs. A student who tests negative will be able to attend class the next day. Students/staff members who test positive will need to quarantine according to Montgomery County Health Department Guidelines. Again, this testing is for academic purposes only and students will not be allowed to participate in extra-curricular activities until the quarantine period is complete.
Should you choose to participate, you will have the ability to unenroll from the program at any time. Active enrollment in the program will mean that your child can participate in the “Test to Stay” program. If you do not choose for your child to participate in the program, they would not be eligible for testing, and would be required to quarantine at home for the recommended period of time. As always, we respect your decision and appreciate your ongoing support and participation as we strive to accomplish our goal of more in-person learning days this school year.