Skip To Main Content


How to Contact Us

How can I reach the superintendent? Call (859) 497-8760 for his administrative assistant.

What is the teacher's email address? Look on the website for the staff directory, under Quick Links.

School Issues

Which school is my child zoned for? School zones are based on the home address of the student. Call our Transportation Department at (859) 497-8797 to find your family's districted elementary school.

Where can I find the school calendar? Check your district website for calendar details. You can also find a PDF of the district wide instructional calendar online.

Can my child attend preschool? Age and income criteria (age 4) or diagnosed special needs (ages 3 and 4) determine eligibility. To schedule a preschool screening, please contact Sierra Martin, Assistant Director of Special Education, at (859) 497-8760.

How old does a child have to be for kindergarten? Per state regulations, the child must be 5 years old on or before August 1. Parents/guardians may request screening for possible early entry for mature children who will turn 5 between August 2 and October 31. 

What's the process for enrollment? Families may complete registration at the school their child will attend. To determine your elementary attendance zone, please call the Transportation Department at (859) 497-8797. 

What if my family moves? If your family moves outside of Montgomery County and you want your children to remain at their current school, you will need to complete a nonresident intent form.  If the move puts you in a different attendance zone, you will need to complete an out-of-district request for your children to finish the school year at their current school.  If your family moves during the summer break into a different attendance zone, you should contact the assigned school to register your student under your new address. 

Do my children qualify for free meals? Montgomery County Schools is pleased to announce its approval for participation in the Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) program, a federally funded initiative aimed at providing free meals to students in eligible schools. All students enrolled in MCS (preschool - 12th grade) will have access to free breakfast and lunch during the school day. | Meals & Nutrition

How do I find out about a school's breakfast and lunch? Look for the Menu icon on the Meals & Nutrition page.

Which bus will my child ride and where is our bus stop? Visit our Transportation Department webpage for bus details, including the Bus Road Guide.

Can I volunteer at my child's school? Volunteers help ensure success for all our students. Your participation starts with the required background check

There's a problem at school. Whom do I call? The first step in handling a question, concern, or problem is to contact the teacher or guidance counselor. If the situation remains unresolved, families are encouraged to speak with the principal. If further attention is needed, the next step is to reach out to the appropriate district-level chief school leadership officers.

What happens when roads are icy or snow is forecast? Families are alerted to MCS schedule changes via an automated notification system, and announcements are posted on the district's website, Facebook page, and Twitter feed, as well as through local television and radio stations. 

When will high school graduation dates be announced? Specifics are not set in the spring until after the threat of wintry weather has passed and all the make-up days have been confirmed. When the graduation schedule is released (typically in April), the details are posted on our homepage and district calendar, on Facebook and Twitter, and through other local media.

AcademicsWhere can I access my children's grades? Families can see grades, attendance records, class assignments, and more through Infinite Campus, the student records management software system for all school districts in Kentucky. 

Where can I find state testing results? State test scores and other accountability reports can be found on the Kentucky Department of Education's School Report Card.

What about virtual school? Our Virtual Learning Academy is for grades 6-12, where students interact regularly with teachers and complete daily assignments. Students can use this web-based program anywhere they have internet access. Families must submit an application to their child's school. This does not guarantee approval.

How can I get a copy of my transcript?   If you would like a copy of your transcript, please complete this form. The high school guidance office will complete these requests within 48 hours of receiving them during regular business hours. They do not have copies of diplomas.  If you have any questions, please contact Becky Johnson at

How do I get my GED? Students who do not earn a high school diploma may instead pursue a GED with the Montgomery County Adult Education. They are located at 640 Woodford Drive and can be reached at (859) 499-0760. 

Special Services

My children are really bright. How can I get them involved in accelerated programs? Opportunities are available for students who excel in academics, visual or performing arts, leadership, and other areas. Please contact your child's teacher for more information.

My child might need extra help. What can I do? A team of professionals at MCS is dedicated to providing services for children who need specially designed instruction that enables them to demonstrate, to their fullest, the knowledge and skills essential for lifelong learning, social well-being, and active, responsible citizenship. | Special Education Department 

What if my child needs therapy? MCS provides speech, occupational, and physical therapy as well as academic support and intervention for a range of classroom and social needs. Talk with your school's principal, or call (859) 497-8760.


Do you have any job openings? Visit our jobs webpage for a list of available positions and application instructions.

How do I distribute a flyer in the schools? The district has guidelines and requirements for advertising non-MCS events. Please submit your flyer for approval to Amy McCleese.

Can I rent a school gym or a district facility? School-related groups and various civic, charitable, governmental, nonprofit, religious, and other organizations and individuals may use school facilities and equipment according to Board of Education policies. To rent a school facility please complete a Facility Usage Request, and to rent the Clay Community Center please complete the CCC Request. For questions, please contact Jordan Welker at (859) 497-8707.

Which school board district do I live in? The Montgomery County Board of Education approved new residency districts for Board members. The Board approved the new district boundaries on April 26, 2022.  Visit the interactive map enter your home address and press search to find your district. (i.e. 1234 W Main St)

When does the school board meet? The Montgomery County Board of Education holds two meetings each month - one to review the agenda and one to take action. The meetings normally fall on the third and fourth Tuesday, respectively. | School board