The Montgomery County Schools Child Care Program is a support for parents, allowing preschool through 5th-grade students to stay at their elementary school for an extended time before and/or after school.
Child care is a safe and familiar place for children to develop skills, discover hobbies, and form friendships. The program provides a variety of age-appropriate activities for school-age children. The program includes choices by the children within the framework of planned activities for different age groups. Our goal is that children can have fun and learn at the same time, in a safe and familiar setting.
How do I register my child(ren) for the Child Care Program?
- Complete the application packet. If you do not have access to a printer at home, you may pick up a paper copy from the District Child Care Office. The number is (859) 497-6424.
- Drop off the completed registration form and $25.00 registration fee to:
Montgomery County Schools District Child Care
809 Indian Mound Drive
Mt. Sterling, KY 40353
Is there a fee for the program? Yes.
- Full-Time (M-F): $50 per week
- Part-Time: $12 per day
- AM Care Only: $25 per week
- Full-Day Care: $25 per day
**Inclement weather days or scheduled school closures located at MSE for all sites**
- Fees will be based on enrollment status for preschool-aged children
Children must be picked up no later than 6:00 PM each day that school is in session. The Child Care Program serves elementary students (Pre-K through 5th grade) who attend a participating school. The program has four sites:
- Camargo Elementary
- Mapleton Elementary
- Mount Sterling Elementary
- Northview Elementary
The MCS Child Care Program sites are licensed by the Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services and meet or exceed all required minimum standards as set forth by the state. For more information, contact Director of Child Care Mary Smith at (859) 497-6424 Ext. 2.