Skip To Main Content

Human Resources

MCS Job Openings

Montgomery County Schools in Mt. Sterling, KY is committed to providing the best possible educational opportunities for the students of Montgomery County. In furtherance of this commitment, the Superintendent and staff are committed to selecting the most highly qualified staff available.

The Human Resources Department provides services for employment in certified, classified, substitute, and extra duty/coaching positions, as well as student teachers, observers, and contract workers.

The Superintendent and staff work to ensure that the schools are administered in a manner that will not discriminate against any employees or applicants for employment, either in recruiting, hiring, placement, training, reduction, transfer, promotion, or termination because of race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, or disability.

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.


For employment, State Law requires a national and state fingerprint criminal history check, and a letter, provided by the individual, from the Cabinet for Health and Family Services, stating the applicant has no findings of substantiated child abuse or neglect. 


Substitute Teachers:
Applicants may qualify to substitute teach without full teacher certification if they have 64+ college hours and a 2.5 or greater GPA. Substitutes that are at the Rank 4 or Rank 5 levels (no teaching certificate) are required to complete an emergency substitute certification(TC-4) request online annually.  

Initially, an online account must be created in the Kentucky Educator Credentialing System (KECS).  Once the school district hires a substitute teacher, official transcripts are required to be kept on file. (Electronic transcripts are only accepted if sent directly to HR staff from the Student Clearinghouse or other transcript service.)

The school district will initiate the certification application and the substitute must log in to their KECS account to complete the Character & Fitness portion of the application.  Once complete, the annual emergency substitute certificate is issued. Certification must be on file before individuals are permitted to substitute teach.

Contact us

Useful Forms and Links